Thursday, March 19, 2009

Songs of the Week

Hello friends. It's been too long. My apologies, I've been on vacation for a week. Quick post today but there are some gems in here I assure you.

1. Theophilus London - "Hum Drum": Theophilus London is a DJ from London (surprise). His "This Charming Mixtape" has a couple highlights, this is one 'em.

2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Skeletons": The more I listen to It's Blitz! the more i love it. This song is as beautiful as it is haunting.

3. Miami Horror - "Don't Be On With Her": Another bitchin' song from the 80's throwback sensations.

4. Helio Sequence - "Captive Mind": I've been posting a lot from these guys lately. Another solid tune off Keep Your Eyes Ahead.

5. Junior Boys - "Dull to Pause": A yet unreleased song off their yet unrealeased Begone Dull Care. I like what I hear.

6. David Sitek - "With a Girl Like You": Another great song off the Dark Was the Night AIDS benefit compilation which I wrote about breifly here. Gems galore on this thing.

7. Friendly Fires - "Skeleton Boy": Their self-titled album will make you dance. Get it.

8. Phoenix - "If I Ever Feel Better": Their 1901 single from their upcoming Wolfgang Amedaeus Phoenix got me fired up so I went back and listened to some of the classics. This is one of their best.

9. Starfucker - "Florida": I like Starfucker's chill-yet-upbeat sound. . . and their name. Posted a video from them below too.

10. Crystal Castles - "Courtship Dating": Their best song in my humble opinion.





Sigur Ros - "Vaka"
Oldie but goodie. I have always loved this song, but with the video it's even better. Gives me goosebumps everytime.



Starfucker - "Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second"
Not sure why I like this so much. But i do.



Bert & Ernie - "Ante Up"
I coudn't resist. I promise this is the last Sesame Street remix. . . for at least a week.

No comments: