Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Songs of the Week: 1/14/09

Good day friendos. Today, if you don't mind, I'd like to post another array of random tunes and videos. I'll follow up later in the week with an Artist Spotlight on a kickass band you may or may not know about. Stay tuned for that. I have a lot to share, so I'll throw it all at you and see what sticks. . .




And some awesome videos I've seen recently. . .

I love this song and the video doesn't disappoint either. I think I speak for everyone when I say we could all do with a little less creepy mime-tiger facepaint, though. Regardless, get excited. . .

MGMT - "Kids"



One of my favorite songs of 2007. . .

LCD Soundsystem - "Someone Great"



This is an absolutely beautiful song along with acid-trip-esque video. Check out Portishead's album "Third" as well, one of the better albums of 2008. . .

Portishead - "The Rip"



Oh cute they're playing telephone. . . uhhhhh, wait hold on. . . what are they doing. . . did she just. . . hey, that's not how you play! (Great song too, btw)

Simian Mobile Disco - "Hustler"



I have a love/hate relationship with Kanye, but a love/love relationship with Muppet-ized Kanye. . .

Kanye - "Champion"

No comments: