Thursday, May 7, 2009

Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Carl

Friends, first off I want to apologize that IMEEM is cutting more songs than usual down to 30 seconds. Believe me, I'm pretty jazzed about it and looking for ways to get around this debacle. In the meantime, it's a pain, but you can click the "listen to full song" link and it will take you to IMEEM's site and play you the full track.

1. The Field - "Silent": The Field is coming out with a new album and if it's half as good as From Here we Go Sublime, we're in for a treat. I'll pay homage to said album with my favorite track. It's special. Just close your eyes and let the song seep into your pores. Don't be scared.

2. The Shout Out Louds - "Normandie": Best track of Our Ill Wills. They need an new album, stat.

3. Royksopp - "A Higher Place": This is off their old Melody A.M. album, but if your a Royksopp fan, it doesn't get much better than this dreamy, bouncy adventure of a song.

4. Justice - "Let Love Rule (Remix)": Not their best, but defintely and interesting choice for a remix. So is thier remix of U2's Get on Your Boots (See Next)

5. Justice - "Get on Your Boots (Remix)"

6. White Rabbits - "Percussion Gun": The NYC sextet shows off some rhythmic intensity here. Feel it.

7. Junior Boys - "Bits & Pieces": Begone Dull Care is steadily climbing up Carl's charts for Record of the Year contender. These guys ARE minimalist electronic music. They define the genre (even if i just made it up).

8. Junior Boys - "Parallel Lines": See above. Go see them live too.

9. Harlem Shakes - "Strictly Game": The best song off their new Technicolor Health album. They might be a bit more enjoyable with a better lead singer, but I still dig, nonetheless.

10. Chromeo - "Call Me Up (Bag Raiders Remix)": Hotness.

11. Bat For Lashes - "Glass": Two Suns is another stellar 2009 album, I've heard the lead singer, Natasha Khan compared to Kate Bush or Tori Amos, I don't know about all that, but I do know her voice is incredible and that "Daniel", which I posted the other week, is my new song-crush of the month (also posted a live performance below). This one is pretty good too.




And now I offer you a treat, the kind of video that doesn't come around all that often. Kinda gotta feel bad for poor old Mr. Wobbles, though. . .

Kid 606 - "Mr. Wobble's Nightmare"



I'm not sure I've ever heard a more stunning live performance than this one from Bat For Lashes on Letterman.

Bat For Lashes - "Daniel"

No comments: