Thursday, October 9, 2008

Moving Picture Shows: 10/9/08

Hello friendos, I compiled some videos for you. Some are a little old, but I don't care. . .

Have you ever played music with the TV on mute and thought "Hey, this music sneaky fits the scene - but wait, now that I think about it, it actually kinda doesn't"? No? Screw you then. Well that's what this video reminds me of. Ratatat is all about the low-budget video, and this is no different. They take an ABBA video, cut and paste their eyes and mouths in different places, give it a splash of 80's graphics, and Voila! they have themselves a video. A little creepy, but a lot awesome.

Ratatat - "Shempi"



Cool video, great song. I've noticed there are a lot of great songs that sample children's voices in the background. I'll have to post a best of songs-that-sample-children's-voices-in-the-background playlist. Watch for it.

Daedelus - "Fair Weather Friends"



I'd be lying if I said this makes any damn sense whatsoever. It kinda looks like a skittles commercial directed by a wizard on acid. . .

TV on the Radio - "Golden Age"



This song simply HEATS, as does the video. . .

Justice vs. Simian - "We Are Your Friends"



Will Smith's hot new track. . .

Will Smith - "Nice Clean Rap"

No comments: