Thursday, June 25, 2009

Carl's Way or the Highway

Friendos, I have some more magical music and videos from Carl's endless vault of magical music and videos. Pay specific attention to the Chris Dane Owens video at the bottom. Not sure how I ever lived without this magnificent piece of rock-techno wizardry.

Without further ado, here are some tunes. Don't have time to write about them today, just listen and enjoy.




Chris Dane Owens - "Shine on Me"

I could be wrong, but from what I gather, I think he's taking himself seriously. Unfortunate for him, but a dream come true for us. This is directly from his website (which he clearly wrote himself):

"Chris Dane Owens is a Los Angeles native who distills many of his city's musical styles into one unique brew. Pop melodies mingle with rock guitars, driving beats, and the occasional gleam of techno-wizardry. With confident songwriting, Chris performs modern rock tracks that are crafted with uncompromising care. . . Watch Owens' spectacular new music video "Shine On Me" (the first installment of a trilogy) directed by Academy Award winning special effects artist Robert Short, whose feature film credits include; "Splash" "E.T." "Beetlejuice" and "Ace Ventura". With his custom Gretsch Sparkle Jet guitar in hand, Chris is planning an international tour for the album later this year."

Obviously, CDO's tour is not to be missed. As for the video, It's on a level of awesomeness that I'm still trying to wrap my arms around, just can't quite get there. Bow down to your overlord, Chris Dane Owens. . .




Birdy Nam Nam - "The Parachute Ending"
A new trippy cartoon video from Justice's proteges. Both the song and video simply rule. I see big things coming from these guys.



Busdriver - "Me-Time"
One of those Chuck-e-Cheese robots flips out and terrorizes some kids. Honestly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. One of the better rappers around, in my humble opinion.

No comments: